i spotted this meme on jenty‘s blog the other day and seeing that i have such a mutt of an accent, i thought it would be fun to do. i recorded it in my dressing room at the studio, but it’s just taken a few days to get around to posting it.
if you’d like to play along, here’s the deal: say the list of words and then answer the following questions. its’ so funny because i would say many of these words differently depending on whether i was in l.a. or johannesburg. and if you do play along, leave me a comment so i can check out your version and hear what you sound like. 🙂
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
* What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
* What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
* What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
* What do you call gym shoes?
* What do you say to address a group of people?
* What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
* What do you call your grandparents?
* What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
* What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
* What is the thing you change the TV channel with?