last night, i poisoned the bf. he’d finally pissed me off so much that i decided enough, he had to go.
ok, so maybe that’s not the truth, but i’m sticking to my story. i mean, i’m not admitting that it was my fault that we both landed up with painfully cramping stomachs, bowing down to the white telephone and calling huey at 01:30a.m.. uh-uh, definitely not doing that. 😉
Improperly packaged food stored at the wrong temperature also promotes contamination.
that’s what i found out when i googled food poisoning and i guess i stored food “at the wrong temperature”. what with my insane schedule, i decided to cook dinner early. made a delicious chicken curry which i don’t make very often, switched off the stove around 5, went to gym and then to a post-wrap meeting at the studio. got home at 8, was too tired to be bothered with re-heating the food, so we proceeded to eat it cold.
fast-forward to the early hours of the morning when i woke up as the bf bolted for the bathroom and proceeded to be violently ill. only as we got back in bed did i realize that i wasn’t feeling so hot myself. repeat scenario, this time with me in the lead role, enacting reluctant emesis.
so, today, i would say, was not so much of awesome. breakfast and lunch consisted of a few small cans of coke which i normally would not consider allowing past my lips. and now i suspect that the bile which went up my nose is brewing into a not so fun sinus infection. not quite what i had planned as a way to kick off the weekend.
so i guess the moral of the story is that if you’re going to poison your loved one,
- do it properly,
- try not to poison yourself,
- or at least make sure to thoroughly re-heat your food if it’s been standing for a while.
Eeeew! That was very informative, thank you. I especially enjoyed your words of wisdom at the end. Guess those are just moments you have to ride out? I used to sing for a band called the Porcelain Gods, you know, those are the ones you pray to after you’ve been paid in booze.
Hope your tummy is settling… 🙂
I can guarantee the way you cooked it and left it out was not the problem – had you left it overnight maybe but 3 hours wont do it – the chicken was probably contaminated before you even cooked it. Even reheating would have made you sick. Iffy chicken hits you no matter how it is served.
Shame hope you both feel better
Oh NO Sass! Thats too dreadful!
Sass! You poor thing! I have been gone for ages, can’t believe you are on survivors! Is that why you were away for so long? I have to try and find a way to see some episodes.
Oh no how aweful 😦
But Barb is right – there must have something wrong with the chicken before you even cooked it!!
Pingback: Tweets that mention calling huey… « Cyber Sass – My Whorl -- Topsy.com