i’m needing some distraction again, so this post was shamelessly stolen from, inspired by the lovely wenchy.
1) Are your parents married or divorced?
my parents never bothered to get married – let alone divorce. guess the fact that my dad was already married had something to do with that.
2) Are you a vegetarian?
haven’t eaten red meat in almost 20 years. recently started eating chicken again.
3) Do you believe in Heaven?
4) Have you ever come close to dying?
not sure. i *thought* i was going to die when the guy came flying through my bedroom door with a knife, but i didn’t. he took some other things, but not my life. even though it felt like it for about 15 years afterwards. i can finally say he might have stolen it for a while, but i took it back.
5) What jewelry do you wear?
since 2004, a special birthday present from my friend dawn – an amulet round my neck called “radiance” by k robins.
the other item i wear all the time is the 46664 silver bangle which was another birthday gift from good friends deon maas and his wife, pauli van dyk.
6) Favorite time of day?
depends on what i’m doing. maybe when at the end of a job well done.
7) Do you eat the stems of broccoli?
yes, but i rarely eat broccoli.
8)Do you wear makeup?
tons, unfortunately, for work.
9) Ever have plastic surgery?
never say never. i’d like to think i wouldn’t, but… here’s a poem i wrote on the subject a few years ago.
yet i haven’t been snipped
or nipped and tucked
so i think it sucks
that i’m being compared
to others who’ve had
lifted and sculpted.
it seems that this is
what our culture
requires of me.
yeah, i have looked in
and i know what i see.
i think i look
perfectly presentable au natural.
hell, i’ve got good genes,
even my denims fit well.
yet it seems
“by any means necessary”
is now the rule
(i’m telling you malcolm
would stew in his grave
if he knew).
are we all fools?!
these days skin is stretched so thin
that skin-deep takes on
a whole new meaning.
we want to live till methuselah
but still look twelve;
“oh is that a line? i think i’ll skip lunch
and get my dermis dissolved!”
i really hope this insanity isn’t lasting.
if you offered me a flawless future
with forever youth,
truth is i’d never say never,
yet i can’t conceive that i’d accept
and though these avowals may not hold fast,
right now i do like to believe…
i’d take the past.
uhm…methinks the lady doth protest too much! 😉
10) Do you color your hair?
11) What do you wear to bed?
depends on who else is in bed with me. 😉
12) Have you ever done anything illegal?
yes, but i’m not telling.
13) Can you roll your tongue?
14) Do You Tweeze your eyebrows?
yeah. i do.
15) What kind of sneakers?
ones that fit.
16) Do you still own vinyl?
wow. not since a squazillion years ago.
17) What is your hair color?
18) Future child’s name?
zelie – possibly
19) Do you snore?
i don’t think so.
20) If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
21) Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
depends on how much the s.o. has had for supper.
22) If you won the lottery? …
i’d have very happy family and friends. i’m generous when i’ve got to give.
23) Gold or silver?
24) Hamburger or hot dog?
25) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
26) City, beach or country?
country, city, beach.
27) What was the last thing you touched?
28) Where did you eat last?
coffee and cookies in bed.
29) When’s the last time you cried?
2 days ago when i had a scan to see if i needed a d&c and the doctor told me that i was still pregnant.
30) Do you read blogs?
uhm, like, yeah.
31) Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?
absolutely. i don’t think that the sexes own a particular style/code of dress. and those codes are all meant to broken in any case.
32) Ever been involved with the police?
well, my brother’s a metro-cop.
33) What’s your favorite shampoo, conditioner and soap?
sebastian laminates. handmade soaps.
34) Do you talk in your sleep?
i don’t think so…
35) Ocean or pool?
36) What’s your favorite song at the moment?
boom boom pow – black eyed peas (wicked little girls – esthero is a long time fave)
37) What is your favorite color(s)?
black. red. (constants) currently, hot pink. purple. browns.
39 Ever met anyone famous?
having lived in hollywood, yeah. lots. too many to name.
40) Do you feel that you’ve had a truly successful life?
i’m still living it so the jury’s still out on that one. ask me on my deathbed.
41) Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?
42) Ricki Lake or Oprah?
neither, but i guess oprah.
43)Basketball or Football?
44) How long do your showers last?
the hair washing makes it interminable.
45) Automatic or do you drive a stick?
both. automatic in l.a.. stick in jhb.
46) Cake or ice cream?
47) Are you self-conscious?
48) Have you ever drank so much you threw up?
uhm. do i have to confess? *hangs head*
49) Have you ever given money to a tramp?
50) Have you been in love?
a few times.
51) Where do you wish you were?
in a place where i could see the future.
52) Are you wearing socks?
53) Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
54) Can you tango?
i could learn.
55) Last gift you received?
candles, chocolate, foam bath.
56) Last sport you played?
uhm… running? hoop-dancing?
57) Things you spend a lot of money on?
house. dogs. doctors.
58) Where do you live?
59) Where were you born?
60) Last wedding attended?
my darling friends carlos and dawn both at burning man and then maui, hawaii. oh, actually no – my good friend simone got married just over a year and a half ago and i wouldn’t have missed that for anything either. UPDATE: OMG!!! faux pas! as paul just reminded me, i was BEST MAN at his wedding (to my first love, wolfgang) not so long ago. i even wrote an extensive post about it on this very blog! i can but blame it on the bleeding and the cramps. sorry boys! mea culpa, mea culpa!
61) Favorite alcoholic drink?
it changes. champagne. jaegermeister. whisky.
62) What’d you do last weekend?
watched tons of sport on tv and stayed still cos i’d started bleeding 2 weeks after finding out i was pregnant.
63) Most hated food(s)?
meat? cabbage. innards.
64) What’s your least fav chore?
picking up the tons of dog crap from the lawn.
65) Can you sing?
66) Last person you instant messaged?
67) Last place you went on holiday?
franshoek lodge – weekend away. where i conceived.
68) Favorite regular drink?
coffee? sprite zero and passion fruit.
69) Current crush?
the s.o., i guess, though don’t know if that qualifies as a crush.