after all the talk of sickness and death the last while, i thought i’d just do a frothy, arb post to lighten the mood, so here’s something about me, me , me and me! 😉
20 arbitrary things you might or might not know about me:
- i love hats. did i mention i LOVE hats? funky hats, knitted hats. hats. i’m the cat in the hat. oh, and shoes. and bags.
- i LOVE bundaberg diet ginger beer. i also love stoney ginger beer , but seeing as i’m always struggling with the jiggles, bundaberg takes precedence.
- i have really good short term memory. i can learn a scene by reading through it 3 times with someone. and then i promptly forget it all as i walk out the studio.
- as an adult there has been a 20kg difference between me at my skinniest and my heaviest. (guess which end of the spectrum i’m at now!)
- i’ve been in the same room as nelson mandela and didn’t beg to shake his hand. *shakes head*
- i’ve been on most of the continents – from russia to fiji.
- i drove a motorcycle for 5 years before i learnt to drive a car at the age of 25. and i’ve not driven a motorcycle since, come to think of it. maybe because it was stolen. that’s why!
- i’ve only just discovered torrents. check out vuze.com.
- the library was my babysitter. it saved me. libraries are holy. every book is a bible.
- there have been times in my life when i’ve been a complete bitch, but i’m actually really nice.
- i’m damn good at what i do, and i love acting, but secretly, i’ve always wanted to do radio.
- i love thrift stores. LOVE . like getting high kinda love. like addicted.
- i’m quite decisive about not making up my mind. i’m wonderfully contradictory like that. you know, straightforwardly oblique.
- i learnt to hula-hoop at the age of 36. it changed my life.
- i’ve only had dogs for the past 2 years, but now they own me. even though the bitch snores like a truck-driver.i don’t care if i’m covered in dog hair. actually i do, but i’d rather have the dogs.
- i’m not a great swimmer, but i’m padi advanced scuba certified.
- i LOVE big sterling silver rings. actually i love chunky sterling silver jewellery in general.
- i knit. and crochet. in fact, i’m a real stitchin’ bitch.
- i’m a qualified school teacher, but i’ve never taught. not officially, that is.
- i never thought i’d be an actor. i wanted to be a journalist. now i blog. like you didn’t know that. 🙂
let’s pretend this is a meme and if you like, you’ve been tagged! tell me about you! i’d like to know. really!
Why/how did hula-hooping change your life? so curious!
gee a hat person who’d have thought it 😛
https://cybersass.com/2008/08/03/bite-me/ might give you a sort of an answer.
You crochet? I want to learn to crochet.
And I did meet Madiba – in fact I served him tea once – he tkae sit with hot milk. And he was so charming.
aah, you are so lucky. madiba is my absolute hero!
and crocheting is easy. and fast.
Fascinating list, sass. (I’ve driven a car for 20 years and only recently started riding a motorbike!)
In fact, I think I’m going to steal this for tomorrow’s blog post …
Can I love you more this moment?
“every book is a bible.”
we can start a religion! 😉
Cool post man, I think I might just embrace the “me”ness on my blog too.
Very very nice!
You know crochet lovers call themselves “hookers” 😛
Wowzers!!! When you said hula hooping I thought you meant standing still jiggling it around your waist like most of us do, saw the video, impressive!!! Read the post and understand 🙂 lol I really thought huh how would hula hooping be a big deal, hadnt seen it done like that before! you look so graceful and awesome doing it.
you’re very open so I’m gonna ask a question, if its too personal etc I understand, you said in it you’re a rape and incest survivor, so was the rape by a relative or that happened and you also experienced incest, which was unwanted I think. (incest can also be consensual, I knew a brother n sister, so it doesnt imply rape – I’d just call yourself a rape survivor, the term incest is ambiguous if it was rape by a relative or a weird relationship etc) you seem like a very strong person 🙂 I used to read your blog a long time ago so its a bit hazy in my memory but if my memory serves correct you’ve gone through other hard stuff too *hugs* thanks for such an honest blog, you’re wonderful.
this info is pretty in the public domain by now:
i was abused by my stepfather from 4-16 and then raped by the yeoville rapist who broke into my house when i was 28.
hoop dancing really helped me to heal from a lot of that damage.
Pingback: » Blog Archive » Moi.
Loved the list:)
I like number 13. No wait, I’m not so sure now. Or am I? Maybe.
glad you made your way over to this side of the mountain!
Loved this 🙂 Think I’ll give it a try, lol. Not sure I could find 20 things though 🙂